View Single Post
Old 08-10-22, 08:50 AM
CAT7RDR

Bikes: 1999 Schwinn Peloton Ultegra 10, Kestrel RT-1000 Ultegra, Trek Marlin 6 Deore 29'er

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 830 Post(s)
Liked 1,970 Times in 950 Posts
Originally Posted by beng1
/
Phone is push-button dial on the kitchen wall, my van is an 85' GMC 3/4 ton cargo which some deceased friends of mine bought brand new, GM sold the same van-body from 71' through I think 1996, but I would not want one later than mine because it still has a Rochester Quadrajet carb and a distributor ignition, both of which I have many decades of experience with and can take apart and assemble blindfolded. When EFI/ignition computers go bad, there is no repair but throwing the computer out and installing a new one. My van does have HEI ignition, but I have procured a points distributor from the pre-74' model which will swap in easily so it will be 100% chip-free. I am no hurry, but someday if I am lucky I may inherit my father's 70' Impala. This is what I haul my MTB in if the single-track is too far away for a 60 year-old to ride to.

You are keeping it from the scrap heap which I commend.
I had a 1995 Whirlpool Refrigerator that was still working great in 2020 without ever being serviced or repaired before I gave it to a friend in need who still has it.
My 2020 Whirlpool has already has had a few plastic parts and the motherboard replaced.

If it works for you, why replace?