njkayaker

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4282 Post(s)
Liked 1,375 Times in 956 Posts
Originally Posted by Murmur1979
Originally Posted by njkayaker
Let's put it another way then: I'm much more comfortable and safe than him in the (rare, but always possible) case of an unseen pothole or other similar obstacle.
This still might not be true. He might be seeing them when you aren't and one can ride in a way that sets you up for ones that one doesn't see.
Uh? The comparison wouldn't make sense otherwise...
Your argument is based on the premise that both of you ride the same.

I'm saying experienced people on rigid road bikes ride in a way that avoids most of the problems that you think both are seeing at the same frequency.

Especially for long distance riding. I know that almost all "advanced amateurs" cyclists ride rigid bikes even for long distance riding, and I wonder how they do it. I would probably be knackered if I'd try that.
Uh? I never said that whoever rides a rigid bike is wrong.
Many of your posts (especially, the first one) are some form of "I think you are doing it wrong. Prove to me otherwise.".

I just said that for some reason (maybe years of habit, who knows) I personally find rigid bikes more uncomfortable than most cyclists.
No, you didn't say that. You should have said that.

Do you think the most expensive road bike on 25mm tires is even remotely compliant as a full sus with a sprung saddle and wide tires?

Yes / no.
It's questions like this that are causing you problems in this thread. It's implying that "the most expensive road bike on 25mm tires" is supposed to be compliant, which is silly.

I'm pretty sure a sprung saddle makes things a bit more comfortable when encountering an UNSEEN pothole.
The number of potholes "unseen" by experienced/competent road riders is rare.

Moreover, with the full sus I can steamroll over the many speedbumps I cross.
Where did I say anyone's wrong? If anything, he ridiculed the fact that I'm using a sprung saddle?
He might be "ridiculing" you for using a device to compensate for poor technique.

Last edited by njkayaker; 08-12-22 at 01:07 PM.
Likes For njkayaker: