billnuke1 

Bikes: Only my riders left...

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 350 Post(s)
Liked 782 Times in 389 Posts
!

Originally Posted by JacobLee
Right, the Good Guy with a Gun approach to bicycle touring, or Loaded Touring, as it were. The idea that any but a tiny percentage of weapons-trained cyclists should be carrying a gun in an a high adrenaline encounter with a motorist is ludicrous. But hey, it's an ultra-violent world, so you might as well carry a gun on a bike ride.
Other situations were recounted. Concealed carry was brought up. The trio of hot heads on motorcycles in DD’s story we’re in hot pursuit! Had he fallen it would not have turned out well for him!
Other stories about being challenged in remote locations…
I said, “last resort”…if given that opportunity…”good guys with a gun” stop a lot more horrors than are reported!
It’s better to be prepared than not…the weight of the gun reminds you that it’s there if you need it!
You are told in gun classes to go the other way if there’s trouble, if you can…you are not a cop!
Be aware of your surroundings and don’t go to places that you know are troublesome…
I used to have trouble riding on the Cape Cod Canal…the world is changing my friends…be safe, be prepared!
Likes For billnuke1: