View Single Post
Old 08-13-22, 02:43 PM
Peroni

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked 35 Times in 22 Posts
Thanks DD, I've read your posts and the restoration on the 70s frame. I read lots of threads and looked at lots of pictures, but I remember the restoration on your 73 frame.
The seller didn't mention a refinished frame, and suggested a used bicycle sill in good condition with bar tape needs replaced and new brake hood, but I can't depend on that to be completely factual.

It will need to fresh grease in the hubs and BB, and the head set, probably new tires, and I think it's used enough for the chain to be worn, along with the brake cables that you mentioned and maybe new pads.
But It will be fun for me to clean up and overhaul because it's not like new, I have good tools and a repair stand if I can start producing and get the job done, and it's not too complicated for me to work on.

I had to look at the auction photos with a small magnifier to see much, and I haven't found a picture of another actual bicycle that seemed directly similar, as for paint and decal branding.
I guessed what it might be from these website pictures a little bit. I'll need to buy a camera to post good pictures of my own, or get a more capable phone.

Last edited by Peroni; 08-14-22 at 05:07 PM.