View Single Post
Old 08-22-22, 09:19 PM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 124 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11058 Post(s)
Liked 7,614 Times in 4,247 Posts
Originally Posted by Yan
This is getting way off topic and inappropriate for this sub-forum, so I will not be continuing the discussion after this post. Lots of passionate responses. Clearly some combination of self-denial, self-shame, and self-defensiveness causing people to take this personally despite me saying this was not pointed any anyone in particular.

Yes, nations consist of a large & diverse group of people. But again, American centric thinking revealed. "American" is a nationality and not a race. "Chinese" is both a nationality AND a race. Different country, different context. There are only 1.4 million foreign born people living in China, less than 0.1% of the population. When you say "Chinese", you can be certain that the person you're referring to is an actual Chinese, not a White-African transplant. What you're doing here is a flat attempt at hiding racism via disingenuously separating "nationality" and "race", the same tactic people have been using against Jewish Israelis since the Holocaust. It is ironic that you're using Elon Musk being African to support your case, when Elon Musk is the direct legacy of Whites colonizing other races.

Let me give you some hints:
  • If you're getting this personally defensive about being called a racist, you're probably a racist. (Especially when you're not even the person being addressed yet you feel compelled to chime in with your own screed list of racist stereotypes.)
  • When you attempt to reflect criticism by mirroring the criticism away from yourself and back onto the other side, you're probably a racist. (Bolded text above, bolding yours not mine.)

Probably one of the most racist things you can possibly say. Try to practice some self-awareness, please. Let me guess, you hate Israelis too, right? But you love Jews. Of Course you do.
- You missed the actual point of the Elon Musk comment. For those who tracked it, it was funny and on point. But yeah, if you miss the point, then something similar to your response is bound to be posted.

- I do love the irony of you telling others that there is some self-defensiveness and self-denial taking place in the thread and its caused some to take things personally. Oblivious.

- Your breakdown that people who get defensive when they are called racist over something that isn't racist, are therefore racist because they get defensive is too funny. Quite the self-fulfilling circle of logic right there.

- This thread was informative and neutral until you came in with a chip on your shoulder and popped off about some perceived injustice. It's devolved into junk since then. Way to go.
Likes For mstateglfr: