View Single Post
Old 08-23-22, 07:00 AM
GhostRider62

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2333 Post(s)
Liked 2,097 Times in 1,314 Posts
Originally Posted by cyclezen
so, it just doesn't seem likely that anything could make changes as quickly as this stuff does...
I've been dealing with some seriously persistent DOMS these past 3 weeks. Doing everything I can to mitigate it.
All my rides except for the Sunday Hard group ride have been mostly 'recovery' rides. Giving enough time/distance to really work out the muscles.
I've always found that the best/quickest way for me to deal with DOMS is to do 3 days of 'recovery' rides. Well almost 20 days, and nothing gets better...
Not just the soreness, but power and endurance have suffered greatly...
Started 1000mf HMB on Thursday evening. Then 1000mg on Friday morning, go for a recovery ride (which felt quite a bit better than the previous 19 daus...) and another 1000 mg in midafternoon.
Felt much better at end of ride. Another 1000 mg on Sat morning, then my usual 'fingers' short and steep climbs... Felt really good ! Best I've done the Sat ride on months!
Took another 1000 mg mid-afternoon...
Sunday is always a tough ride (for me these days...) Took 1000 mg just before Breakfast. The ride is a mixed group of A and B riders... Which breaks up early into at least 2 groups... Legs felt OK, and when the A guys started to motor off the front, I hesitated... but then decided to give A a try. I bridged up 50 yds to A, which was going a steady 25-26. And continued to hold the wheel, desperately... LOL!
Best I've ridden in quite a few years. Was badly shelled on the climbs, but not as badly as before...
It just seems so unlikely that the HMB could do this, and so quickly. But, really, I can;t say I've ever had DOMS this severe nor recovered from DOMS this quickly.... HMBis the only thing different from these prior weeks, except the overwhelming need to do almost nothing except 'recovery rides'.
Back now a couple hours - legs feel tired, but absolutely no real soreness. Muscles are more supple than they've been on months. All on 2x 1000mg of HMB in 2.5 days...
Gonna stay with the 2x 1000 mg daily, and see how the coming weeks work out. Is it all 'in my head'? Who cares, it sure seems to be making a big difference!
Ride On
Yuri
I'm going to buy you some Carriage Returns for Christmas. Your posts are unreadable.
Likes For GhostRider62: