View Single Post
Old 08-25-22, 03:40 AM
Graham Wallace

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 3d1l
Freebird, Graham, tanks for all the suggestions.

Graham I read the articles you posted, very interesting. I think that I have the final cockpit setup, again is not only height I need my elbows closer to my body.

1) I will use a stem riser instead of an adjustable stem.
2) I will use a very short stem or BMX stem, probably no more the 50mm.
3) I will use the Jons H-bar bend or a similar handlebar. For example I saw the Soma Sparrow.

If it doesn't work I will try another setup. It will cost me money but for now I think that's it.
Sounds good. Earlier you mentioned using a suspension frame. If you do, beware that converting a bike to a higher and further back riding position will increase the 'load-shift' that occurs with each pedal stroke. With an un-sprung frame this hardly matters, but can make a suspension bike rock back-and-forth (oscillate). I use the Giant NRS suspension system on my own bikes because the Horst-link and pre-loaded, dual-air shocks prevent this without locking out the suspension. Because of this my suspension bikes climb and accelerate as if they were hardtails. Using a pre-loaded, dual-air-spring fork, also means that you never need to lock-out or raise the pressure to stop the fork from bobbing.

Last edited by Graham Wallace; 08-25-22 at 03:42 AM. Reason: Typo