View Single Post
Old 08-25-22, 01:32 PM
mschwett 

Bikes: addict, aethos, creo, vanmoof, sirrus, public ...

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1278 Post(s)
Liked 1,392 Times in 710 Posts
Originally Posted by asgelle
Which power meters have temperature sensors at the strain gauges (rather than in the head unit)?
i don't personally have one, but for example quarq touts their real-time calibration, able to adapt to temperature changes during a ride.

from the DCR review:

With a Quarq DZero unit the company does their 10K temperature compensation for each unit that leaves the factory, which means they record how the unit responds to a massive temperature range, ensuring higher levels of accuracy at any cycleable temperature level.
and other internet chatter about how different units respond to temperature changes:

With regards to temperature compensation, German road bike mag TOUR has a powermeter test in its current issue. Lab and field tests which included temperature sensitivity tests (lab). They always take an engineering approach to testing.

They concluded that the Dzero temp compensation does not really handle larger temperature changes very well. The competition seems to do this better (Infocrank, 2Inpower, SRM, P2M NG). Now I’m a little bit concerned about my Dzero’s accuracy.
if you think about how a strain gauge works, reasonable to think it would need to know the temperature to correlate the response of the material to power, right?