Old 08-25-22, 05:33 PM
Drillium Dude 
Banned.

Mentioned: 255 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2588 Post(s)
Liked 4,826 Times in 1,709 Posts
Originally Posted by rccardr

Am continuously amazed at how well the Davidson - a friction shifted triple - performs on dirt/gravel rides, easily keeping up with more modern (and specialized) machinery:

I, too, spent some time today riding a Davidson on gravel. Part of it was due to wanting to give the steep portion of this trail a go (it's around 6 percent for a good 1/4 mile), while part of it is having to find new places to ride after the scare earlier this month. I finally took to the trail for the first time since the 11th and only got around 3 miles into the southbound leg before deciding to turn around and ride the backroads around Deems Hill instead. Crappy pavement, but I admit those guys have me spooked from the trail. It's really too bad as I saw a couple roadies I'd come to recognize going by in the opposite direction as I headed back; we used to unofficially set the pace for one another, it seemed, back in the good ol' days. A couple waves to some good guys, but since the bad guys are still out there, fudge it.

Going up:

Looking back down:

Taking the scenic route around:

Shooting with one hand, keeping off the ground:

Mediterranean Style houses abound:

Issues during the ride? Not a one to be found

DD