View Single Post
Old 08-27-22, 08:24 AM
Maelochs

Bikes: 2015 Workswell 066, 2017 Workswell 093, 2014 Dawes Sheila, 1983 Cannondale 500, 1984 Raleigh Olympian, 2007 Cannondale Rize 4, 2017 Fuji Sportif 1 LE

Mentioned: 144 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7674 Post(s)
Liked 3,557 Times in 1,871 Posts
Originally Posted by tessellahedron
Oh it does fit, I'm just really lazy and feel like a dummy every time I spend time watching the cashier load my bags, to go outside and reload them in my backpack, to get home and unload it.
This is All In Your Head.

I shop with panniers, and I do not let anyone pack my panniers. Bread on the bottom, all the weight on one side? No thanks. I wheel my cart out of the store, clip my panniers to the cart, load them, and take the cart back to the storage area. Then I ride home and it is no stress. if people think i look weird packing my bags, they probably think i look weird anyway ... and frankly i don't care.

if for some reason only clipping bags to your body is the only acceptable solution---and That won't look weird, no way----then get some two- or three-inch webbing, make a belt and suspenders and chest and back straps and sew on loops for your carabiners. No stress and you say you have done it before. With the ready availability of quick-release buckles, you could have every strap abler to unclip independently, so you could take the harness off easily in any space and with any load.

Whatever.