View Single Post
Old 08-28-22, 05:17 AM
tessellahedron

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Herzlos
The last point is a good one. I'll be stunned if you can do more than a few trips before one of the bags burst when you go over a bump. If you're already overloaded you're not going to get any cushioning from the tires and those bags aren't really designed to deal with sudden forces.

I actually think your best bet is just to get a trolley and walk. If it's only a mile then it's only going to take you an extra 10 minutes and you don't need to be as worried about how to load up and ride in a vaguely safe way.
bags do have to be loaded correctly or double bagged. The bags I tested were loaded pretty heavy to exceed real world use. I did this for years on a mountain bike with the bags on my shoulders, arms and bars, plus I now have the trailer for bigger trips so no walking.

I was gonna call this the "lazy in-between" but I realized yesterday a great advantage of the grocery strap over a backpack: I can wad up the grocery strap and shove it in my pocket or one of the small compartments on my panniers.