Old 08-31-22, 11:10 AM
Eric F 
Habitual User

Bikes: 2023 Niner RLT 9 RDO, 2018 Trek Procaliber 9.9 RSL, 2018 Storck Fascenario.3 Platinum, 2003 Time VX Special Pro, 2001 Colnago VIP, 1999 Trek 9900 singlespeed, 1977 Nishiki ONP

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5040 Post(s)
Liked 8,276 Times in 3,909 Posts
Originally Posted by jonathanf2
I did about 28 miles on Saturday. Warmed up riding up Arroyo Blvd., then around the Rose Bowl, did interval laps at JPL, climbed the easy way through Chevy Chase Canyon and concluded the ride climbing Glenoaks Canyon to the dead end. After that ride, my family and I ate early dinner of all-you-can-eat Korean BBQ (I needed it, I was famished)! For those in the area, I highly recommend giving Glenoaks Canyon a try. It's a non-stop short climb that gets progressively steeper with no switchback breaks. Just doing 2 intervals there will kick your butt! The downhill is fun, but you have to watch your cornering and speed since there's a sports complex at the top so there's a few cars that go up and down, though I'd say it's much safer than riding up Griffith Observatory with the tourists traffic.

Is that Glenoaks Blvd. that finishes next to Scholl Canyon Golf Course? If so, I know that road. My daughter's softball team used to practice at the fields about halfway up the climb. It's a nice climb.