View Single Post
Old 09-02-22, 10:05 AM
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Ultegra; Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10499 Post(s)
Liked 12,028 Times in 6,158 Posts
Originally Posted by Mojo31
Fine start to the day. Pulled my back and now laying on an ice pack.

Million dollar question - what am I going to do for three hours Sunday afternoon while my wife hosts a baby shower with thirty women attending?
Yikes!

I rode the Schwinn 3 days this week. It's one size too small for me, really, so I run it with a 130mm stem and a long seatpost, which puts the bars about 2 cm lower than any of my other bikes. But I generally don't find that uncomfortable. However, something about the bike invites hammering, so I spent a fair amount of time in the drops Tuesday and Wednesday. Wednesday I realized that the Rolls saddle, much as I love that it's the original, is really not a great combination with such a low bar - too much pressure unless I was slightly off center to one side or the other. I think this caused me to bend more at the waist than roll my hips forward as I usually do, with the result that Wednesday night I was plagued by back spasms right where the back joins the hips.

So I swapped the saddle for a Fizik Aliante VSX with a trough, and rode last night. That was a lot better, but I think the basic problem is that 11.5 cm is just too much drop. In a moment of weakness, I bought a 23" Circuit frame, which should be my size. Problem is, no fork! I know where I can get one, but it would mean buying an entire frame I wouldn't use.

"Everybody's gotta be somewhere." - Eccles