View Single Post
Old 09-11-22, 12:39 PM
bike_tom

Bikes: 2022 Trek Checkpoint ALR5, 2014 Cannondale Trail SL1, 1983 Fuji Royale II

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked 599 Times in 244 Posts
I got out for an early-ish ride today (about 9:30) with the intention of beating the weekend crowds on the Minuteman. As it turned out, I also beat the afternoon rain shower I didn't know was coming.

I hadn't ridden the '83 Fuji since I got the new Trek, so I decided it was time it got some exercise. I headed up the MM to Lexington and then on to the Bedford Depot. At that early hour (for a Sunday) it was busy but not crazy.

i grabbed a photo of the construction underway alongside the bikeway in Lexington:

I've been told some benches will be coming. More bike related amenities are always to be appreciated.

The old bike was still surprisingly pleasing to ride, friction shifting BarCons and all. Even the single pivot Dia Compe sidepulls, which I upgraded with low friction cabling and Kool Stop pads a few years ago, were more than acceptable on the relatively flat MM.

In repose at the Lexington Visitor's Center:

I won't be taking the Fuji on the Battle Road Trail, but it will continue to have its days in the sun.

Overall, a very pleasant Sunday morning outing.

Tom
Likes For bike_tom: