Old 09-15-22, 12:14 PM
SoCaled 

Bikes: Cuevas Custom, Cimmaron, 1988 "Pinalized Rockma", 1984 Trek 510, Moulton custom touring, Raleigh Competition GS, Bridgestone Mb-2 & 3, 1980's Peugeot - US, City, & Canyon Express (6)

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1168 Post(s)
Liked 4,088 Times in 1,977 Posts
Is this a custom Paramount? did they use a completely different serial number format? I would expect a letter and four numbers, not five? what am I missing?

From Waterford bikes: determine the manufacture year
"Capacity Added for the Boom Years
  • Month Code: This one letter code corresponds to the month with A=January, B=Febuary and so on. Because I is not used, September=J and December=M.
  • Year Code: This two digit code is the last two digits of the year – 86 is 1986.
  • Sequence Number: This two digit number represents the nth frame and/or fork scheduled during the month. During the peak of the bike boom, Schwinn would add another digit, sometimes producing as many as 500 frames a month.
For example, H7634 is the thirty-fourth frame or fork scheduled during August of 1976."

Originally Posted by machinist42

Schwinn Paramount custom build chrome 10 speed road/race bike - $800 (Cary)

Posted 2022-09-14 15:38

"This bike was a custom buildup circa 1974 for the original and current owner based on a Schwinn Paramount frame.
Frame: The chrome frame is constructed with lugged Reynolds 531 tubing with BREV. Campagnolo front and rear dropouts. There are 2 screws but no head badge on the frame, the owner thought it was a Schwinn and the serial number on the rear dropout indicates that it was made in 1972. Approximate dimensions of frame geometry in inches are: top tube 22.5, seat tube 25 (center to top), head tube 8.
Fork: The fork is also lugged chrome with BREV. Campagnolo dropouts.
Headset is BREV, Campanello.
Handlebars and stem are Cinelli Giro d'Italia.
Brakes: Brake levers, hoods, and side pull calipers are Weinmann 500 (made in Switzerland). Brake cable guides are chrome SHIMANO.
Saddle: BROOKS PROFESSIONAL.
Crank set: STRONGLIGHT double.
Derailleurs: Front Simplex Super LJ, rear Simplex Prestige Super LJ (5 cogs) (made in France).
Pedals: Maillard Atom 700 (made in France).
Toe clips: Christophe Special (made in France) with original leather straps.
Wheels: Front and rear rims are NISI Moncaliere (Italy) with Campanello RECORD (Italy) hubs and MM ATOM skewers (France).
Tires: Continental GIRO.
I am selling this classic vintage road/race bike for the original owner. It was always stored indoors and well maintained, but not used for many years. It does show some normal wear for age but is period correct throughout. - rare for a bike of this age and will make for an exceptional restoration project.

bicycle frame material: alloy

bicycle type: road
brake type: caliper
condition: good
frame size: custom
handlebar type: drop
make / manufacturer: Schwinn
model name / number: Paramount
suspension: none (rigid)
wheel size: 700C"

https://raleigh.craigslist.org/bik/d...533864126.html