View Single Post
Old 09-16-22, 09:17 AM
kyle13

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by datlas
If you want affordable, consider getting a single sided unit.

I know someone who works for a PM company and he is quite knowledgeable in these matters. He admits that SS is pretty much as good as DS but they sell the DS because customers want them.
If it weren't for an old foot injury, and lacking confidence that I'm applying pressure even, I would most likely go with SS to start.

Originally Posted by goingup
Have you confirmed compatibility of your crank with the Power2max option?

I can tell you that I recently purchased a 4iii power meter from Europe for a significant discount from US pricing due to the favorable exchange rate. If you are willing to wait for international shipping, that may be an option to explore.
Yeah, it's the only spider PM that I'm confident is compatible with what I have (Praxis Alba M30 direct mount 5 x 110 BCD)

I've looked into 4iiii, but haven't seen anything that looks compatible.

Originally Posted by Iride01
However since you are a beginner, I might suggest you wait and be sure you are going to be cycling still next year. And also that you aren't just still doing casual rides as those don't seem to me as needing a PM. Also, you'll need a good cyclometer to go with it and HR info as well to make decent assessments of what you are doing. So have you already gotten a good GPS cyclometer with HR that is also able to fully use PM data?
A very fair suggestion. It's possible that the magic wears off over the winter, but I doubt it will. My rides, unless with my wife, aren't really casual, and are more objective-based. I've been using an older Garmin Forerunner 230 and HRM for tracking my rides; I'll be upgrading my watch as well, as this one doesn't have support for PMs.

Originally Posted by tempocyclist
Personally, my advice would be to NOT buy a powermeter. Not yet at least. Get a lot more miles in your legs first and get a feel for the effort required, then revisit this when you've put several thousand miles on it.
Another fair suggestion. But I'm a stats and data junky, and I can't help myself.
Likes For kyle13: