View Single Post
Old 09-20-22, 03:44 PM
EVlove

Bikes: 1980 Dawes Super Galaxy + 1981 Lotus Classique + 1986 Bianchi Sport SX + 2005 Van Dessel Project WR + 2021 Zizzo Liberté

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Liked 489 Times in 223 Posts
Originally Posted by rholland1951
@EVlove, welcome! Glad these posts are of use. Both the BFRT and the NRRT are of interest to many here, so your postings will find an audience.
Well, not sure I can contribute much of interest, most of my riding is short exercise runs on the BFRT. I work from home (have been since looong before the pandemic) and can pretty much fit those in whenever the mood strikes and the weather is nice.

Saturday was different, I was challenging myself to do 50K, and to do it on the Dawes which is new-to-me but frankly, in need of a full rebuild. I had put on new tires and chain but neglected to check the spokes, which I came to regret at mile 20. Ping! At least this happened to be behind Groton library, so I was able to wait for the team car (i.e. my wife) in complete comfort, seated in the shade. She brought the Zizzo folder, I swapped my saddle over, and continued on. Now mulling the best way forward, the rear hub having a slightly pitted cup and many of the spokes being suspicious both F and R, I may go for a basic wheelset instead of throwing money at the old wheels.
Likes For EVlove: