Old 03-07-06, 11:17 AM
yonderboy
Lurker for Life

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by noriel
I usually wear motorcycle gloves for that very purpose. I did have some $50 dollar ones that lasted for a year, before the fingers got holey and they reeked. I bought a pair of Joe Rocket Super Moto gloves, but can't recommend them. They have a nice gel insert on the palms, but the material they used to cover it didn't last a ride. It looked like it was made of cotton balls. I seen people recommend Cutters football gloves, especially the linebacker/runningback gloves.
I've ridden with Thor and Aplinestar gloves for a while. They've got little to no padding, but the palms grip cork tape or grips nicely. The MX gloves with the padded backs are nice for mountain biking, or just about anything. I've been shot across the back of my hand and knuckles with a paintball gun while wearing them and didn't get a welt. If you're into that whole kevlar thing, you can pick up a pair of sport gloves for about half the price of the bike-specific version. They don't have the terrycloth snot rags, but whatever.