Old 09-25-22, 02:54 PM
sbuckaroo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
I wish you a speedy recovery. I had four lumbar spine surgeries and I know how tough the cervical surgeries must be. Hope all goes well.

]QUOTE=3d1l;22657224]Ok this is somehow related to my other posts. So I got my new mountain bike and made the changes that were discussed in other posts. The stem was changed to a shorter one, the handlebar was replaced with a Jones H-bar bend and a stem riser was also installed. Still, my neck/upper back feel sore after 30-40 minutes on the bike and not wanting to hurt my neck I stop after that. My ACDF surgery was 10 months ago (3 discs removed from c3 to c6). I was thinking on paying for a bike fit but since I'm not a cyclist, I just ride a bicycle, and I'm doing this for leisure and to lose weight (6' - 230#), not for sport, I'm wondering if it worth it. I mean I suppose that when you get a bike fit they will take for granted that your body will be forward inclined with you head stretching back so you can see forward and all that. I never heard that someone will take a bike fit to ride a bicycle like in a "beach cruiser style".

What do you think and what other recommendation do you have for my issue?

Is there any bike fitter here in the forum, that has had to deal with other people with similar conditions?

Regards.[/QUOTE]