View Single Post
Old 09-28-22, 04:50 PM
michaelm101

Bikes: Cannondale Carbon Synapse Road, Cannondale T2000 Touring, Vintage Mongoose IBOC Pro MTB, Vintage Peugeot 12spd racer, Old rusty Schwinn Manta Ray I neglected as a child, Diamondback Haanjo EXP Carbon & Metro, Specialized Roubaix Pro, RaleighSC Tandem

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 225 Post(s)
Liked 39 Times in 29 Posts
WTB SX19 Wheel & Hub Help

I bought a like-new set of takeoffs from a private party (WTB SX19 32H) awhile back to use on a commuter / utility bike. Equipped with a high quality 700x40 tire, I put no more than 150 miles on the wheels.

One day the rear wheel felt funny. I pulled it off and spun it in my hands and there was definitely something amuck. I was lazy and instead of taking it apart to examine myself, I brought it in to a tiny local shop that recently opened and left it with them. They called days later and said that the drive (sealed) bearing had cracked and the race and other little spacers/washers were mangled.

The axle and hub body were fine however. The cost quoted for the whole shabang was over $300.00 so we decided it was a throw-away. I’m examining the hub and everything appears to be fine, except for the missing bearing, race and washers.

I called WTB and he said the rim was a WTB, but he had no idea who the hub maker was - and I did not know what brand bike it came from…

So basically, I need a bearing and the other little ditties that disintegrated---The challenge being determining the hub maker.

Does anybody out there have a suggestion on this?

Thanks very much in advance!