Old 10-06-22, 01:45 AM
seypat

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3261 Post(s)
Liked 2,582 Times in 1,535 Posts
Originally Posted by Maelochs
We are not talking about the management, Seypat ... we are talking about the players.

Yes, to the management the players are indeed commodities. But to the players ....

I spent many years as a sports journalist. I have interviewed many pro athletes. What is your source of information? Your imagination? Go talk to some pro athletes and get back to me.
I played college basketball in th 80s. Sharing the trainiing rooms with the the other sports teams. The main reason those athletes perform at the level they do is if they don't, someone else will. Now, there are plenty out there with huge egos. If they get famous, it's hard to leave the game and become an ordinary Joe. Look at Tom Brady. He can't walk away. It's going to cost him his marriage among other things. If that's what you call passion, then I guess he's got it.

Edit: We're getting far away from the subject of the thread. If someone wants to start another thread, go for it. Otherwise, better to stick to the topic of the original thread.

Last edited by seypat; 10-06-22 at 04:31 AM.
Likes For seypat: