Old 03-07-06, 06:28 PM
T-Mar

Mentioned: 654 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4722 Post(s)
Liked 3,039 Times in 1,877 Posts
Sannino is an Italian brand built by Mauro Sannino. He was taught framebuilding by his grandfather and spent about 10 years apprenticing to other framebuilders before starting his own business in 1979. He earned his reputation by supplying bicycles to the Polish and Russian national teams. Production was fairly limited, with about 1500 frames per year in the mid-1980s.

Many of the early models were roughly finished but by the mid-1980s, things had improved considerably. A trademark of many Sannino models were steeper geometries. Seventy-five degree seat tubes and seventy-seven degree head tubes were used on the mid-1980s Professional model. Offhand, I do not recall a Criterium model, but of the models I do recall, none were less than Columbus SL.

Galli was an Italian components manufacturer from about 1976 -1987. Their equipment is found quite a bit on Olmo and Sannino bicycles. It is good equipment and was patterned after Campagnolo, but was mostly popular for it's wide range of anodized colors (black, red, blue, gold, green, maybe others). I believe the cranksets were actually made by Stronglight and the hubs by Maillard.