Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked 40 Times in 22 Posts
Originally Posted by roadsnakes
'
Curious
Why don`t you like the Trek anymore?
I guess its not that I dislike the Trek. I do like the bike, and I have added extras to it. LIke a Duotrap sensor, rear rack, fenders, Brooks saddle, the Ergon bar ends with the extended bar end grip. I have already taken those off the grip wasn't long enough to support my thumb position, and I found when I placed my hands on the upright extensions, I would keep them there for just a short time. The tires the Verve comes with suck. they felt so big and clunky, after the first 40 miles I changed them and put Marathons on. . I doubtt I would sell my Verve. I guess I was just looking for something different to try. I just don't know yet if i want to spend 1500 to 2000 dollars just to try something different i may not like. So I was just getting a feel for what others thought that have ridden both drop and flat bars. The 3 miles I test rode the checkpoint. I wasn't impressed, but then I don't think the fit was just right for me. It was a 58cm frame, and I think a 56 would have fit me better.