View Single Post
Old 10-16-22, 10:13 AM
djb

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2739 Post(s)
Liked 971 Times in 794 Posts
Originally Posted by staehpj1
Is that true? Maybe it is for bikes? In general when merchandise sells out the popular sizes are gone first and the ends of the bell curve are all that is left for a while. I know that it is pretty common when pulling down the size pulldown list on an item that medium and large are sold out and there are plenty of XXS, XS, XXL, and XXXL. Whats sizes are popular may depend on what the item is. Obviously how well they targert the numbers they make to what they actually sell is a big factor as well.

I remember when my daughter was young I used to buy specialiized sport stuff really cheap because the end of a season or model year they always had a surplus of XXS or XS. We used to be able to get her Mountain Surf kayaking stuff for crazy cheap at the end of the season at their home store. I got her bike clothes and hiking stuff at pretty good prices as well.
hey there stae, while I agree on the clothing clearout rack thing about the far end sizes being around often, from my perusing of used bike listings sometimes, it seems to me that its not the same thing. Not a ton of people sell used bikes, not good ones anyway, so it generally seems that just because of the averages of people size, there are always going to be less of xs and xl stuff. I was looking last fall for a used small fatbike and they were few and far between.
Anyway, this guy will soon get a good idea of how the used market it--around here though, used touring bikes get snapped up quite quickly, no matter the size, so you really have to be on the ball and always keeping an eye on listings to find one, plus of course having the knowledge to know what is overpriced crappy condition bikes.
Real hit and miss and luck involved.
cheers