View Single Post
Old 10-16-22, 10:11 PM
Russ Roth

Bikes: 2010 Carrera Volans, 2015 C-Dale Trail 2sl, 2017 Raleigh Rush Hour, 2017 Blue Proseccio, 1992 Giant Perigee, 80s Gitane Rallye Tandem

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1088 Post(s)
Liked 1,025 Times in 723 Posts
Nope, I'll send you my address and you can ship it.

Serious answer, why not? Its a nice set up in general. I've set my daughter's bike up with rival AXS and find the shifting on it to be smooth, consistent and reliable. Hydraulic brakes are actually a nice improvement over cable in my experience and opinion. The 9t I could pass on and I tend towards thinking they're a stupid concept. The smaller cog has more resistance, higher wear, and requires a specific hub based on the brand of the cassette; I also have the issue of jr gearing that says a 9t cog will need a silly small chainring. But just this week my daughter crashed on a cross course and bent her hanger, the axs rear derailleur has no issues and worked perfect after aligning the hanger. Likewise, she smacked the shifter into the ground, and has annoyingly enough dropped the bike several times, yet there's no trouble with the shifters just working either. I'd go for it.