View Single Post
Old 10-17-22, 08:40 AM
Velo Mule

Bikes: Trek 800 x 2, Schwinn Heavy Duti, Schwinn Traveler, Schwinn Le Tour Luxe, Schwinn Continental, Cannondale M400 and Lambert, Schwinn Super Sport

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 809 Post(s)
Liked 1,023 Times in 665 Posts
This looks likely to be a Dutch made Royce Union. Graphics could be hard to find but perhaps you or someone could make them based on what you have. The alternative is what I did. I ended up just going to an Lettering.com and getting graphics make that were not original to the bike but do have a period correct look.

Here is my built in Japan Royce Union with Graphics from Lettering.com:

This is likely what your head badge looked like.

The graphics on the down tube. Block lettering, gold with a black outline. Also notice that this frame had gold box lining.

Royce Unions were department store bikes. As a result there is not as much out there as there is for old bikes like Peugeot and Raleigh for instance.

They were private label bikes made for Times Square Stores and may have been sold to other department stores around the country as well. Generally, my opinion is the bikes were not bad, but not great either. There is a thread on BikeForums about them. History of Royce Union Bicycles

For me the diy graphics were more fun, quicker to get to the finish line and less expensive. I do like the graphics on your Royce Union. Whether that will be feasible to replicate, I don't know.

Keep the pictures coming as this project progresses.
Likes For Velo Mule: