Old 10-20-22, 03:40 AM
unterhausen
Randomhead

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 3,699 Times in 2,519 Posts
Originally Posted by Chuck M
Forum posting is a damned if you do damned if you don't between a rock and a hard place that centers between "why did you start a new thread on this" and "why did you respond to this old thread".
People are weird about that. From a mod perspective, if there wasn't a batch of insulting and kvetching going on in a 5 year old thread I have no problem with someone resurrecting it. I'm not sure where my limit is, but unless it's a really quality thread if it's 7 years old a lot of the posters in it probably aren't here to defend themselves and we probably are going to close the thread. If there was a serious round of ankle-biting in a thread, 2 years old is past its best by date and it's probably going to be closed. We can always split off a new post into its own thread. The problem with having trending threads on the front page is that the worst threads attract the most activity.

Originally Posted by Bike Gremlin
Thanks - but I suppose there's no way to see a list of all the forum sections (as it used to be shown on the home page)?
There is a menu along the left of the new home page that lets you get into each section of the forum.

Last edited by unterhausen; 10-20-22 at 03:54 AM.
Likes For unterhausen: