Old 10-24-22, 11:45 AM
rydabent
Banned

Bikes: RANS Stratus TerraTrike Tour II

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3352 Post(s)
Liked 1,056 Times in 635 Posts
I am now 84, so have a life time of cycling experience. From the 3rd grade to the 8th grade I rode my bike a mile and three quarters to school. Then the district provided busses. But I continued to ride till I joined the Navy. Then it was off to work and I was off the bike for several years. I started again when my 2 oldest boys got old enough to ride when I was about 40, and have continued to ride ever since then. I never raced, and always ride for fun and exercise. I have never paid any attention to all the blather by "real cyclist" on what to ride, how fast to ride, what my cadence should be, how far to go on a ride, and what I should wear. Back in 2005 I got my first recumbent, and have been "bent" ever since. I have a recumbent bike and in 2011 added a trike. The bike goes out of town on club rides, and the trike is my in town ride since it is the easiest way to ride in town. No clipping in and out at every stop. Other than going bent in 2011, my style of riding really hasnt changed at all over the years. I ride where when and how I want to ride. I pay NO attention to what others say I should do.
Likes For rydabent: