View Single Post
Old 10-25-22, 12:54 PM
jaxgtr

Bikes: Trek Domane SLR 7 AXS, Trek CheckPoint SL7 AXS, Trek Emonda ALR AXS, Trek FX 5 Sport

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 796 Post(s)
Liked 1,858 Times in 1,059 Posts
Originally Posted by Maelochs
I have ridden a couple of the bridges around Jax ..... the longer, flatter one and (many times) the metal nightmare which is steep and scary and slippery ..... If you always skip the metal bridge (I would---only reason I ever rode it was because I was new in town and didn't know where I was going or how to get there) Then in this specific case 1x might be a good idea. As I think @Paul Barnard noted, if you have an 11-42 as a back-up, you could even head north towards Georgia and the Carolinas and gt by.
The metal nightmare is scary in a car... and going into Arlington area and I will never be on that one or riding in Arlington, dangerous roads. The couple I am generally rolling over is on Beach Blvd over the intercoastal, the Acosta downtown, and a couple that go over the tracks. You can get nowhere here unless you cross a bridge due to the River.

Likes For jaxgtr: