View Single Post
Old 10-28-22, 08:44 AM
hastel 
Boulevardier

Bikes: '14 Jamis Aurora, Trek 8.5 DS, 2000 Waterford RS-22, '98 Bianchi Volpe, '90 Bridgestone RB1, '85 Raleigh Portage,'85 Schwinn High Sierra, '88 Schwinn High Sierra '67 Raleigh Sports, Raleigh DL1, 1953 Denelt 3-speed

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 3 Posts
Schwinn Voyager Chrome 1980-81 $$$?

This bike was my covid lockdown project. The rust was under the crackled clear coat, wheels were beyond saving, seat post did not survive unsticking. It was perfect to dig into to occupy my mind and look forward to riding. I found an environmentally mild way to remove the failed clear coat. It turns out that citrus stripper applied in full Wisconsin summer sun goes into over-drive. Wipe off with a paper towel very little rubbing needed. Tape off the decals of course. In my enthusiasm for the project, I failed to note that the bike is a 62cm when I ride a 58cm. No problem. I really like this bike so just be sure not to do anything that would cause your bifurcation to meet up with the top tube. I have seen values in the web of $193 to $1200. Anyone here care to weigh in with a dose of reality?
Thanks