View Single Post
Old 11-02-22, 10:28 AM
gesta

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked 90 Times in 26 Posts
Originally Posted by mstateglfr
Pics of the modifications please! It looks like a brace is brazed into the left dropout?...and what style brake mount is used? Was the head tube replaced in order to accept a 1 1/8 steerer?

Did you do the modifications or a builder? Who was it if it wasnt you?

And why did you go this route instead of a new bike?

Super interested as that is a really creative project.
Thank you, this is my fave bike at the moment! Modifications are my handiwork and I think "why" can be best answered with "why not"?

Longer version of "why not" - I like the aesthetics of vintage bikes combined with some modern aspects, and for some reason, I just have a soft spot for Peugeot bikes. This bike was laying around as a frame when I bought a small brazing torch, things just gradually escalated from there. Blank canvas etc... Building new would most certainly yield better results, but I did not have the skills when I started with this bike ~2 years ago. Left rear triangle is braced for longevity, IS mount for brake. Original fork was also modded with IS disc brake mount, but it's now assigned to garage shelf ornament as that head tube was replaced with fresh cut from Columbus Zona. Brakes are cable actuated hydros (2-piston Zoom Xtech), 140mm rear disc and 160mm in front.

No pics, but here's a link to Youtube video on this project (
). I'm probably speaking gibberish to you, but video is subtitled in english for your convenience.

Last edited by gesta; 11-02-22 at 10:39 AM. Reason: video link & post editor misbehaving
Likes For gesta: