View Single Post
Old 11-02-22, 11:27 AM
McCycle

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked 26 Times in 17 Posts
Great place for an unscrupulous person to fix bevies of old bike correctly, by "rebuilding" customer's bikes.

While Bogota seems a far more dangerous place, I did end up at a North Idaho biker "Pig Roast" complete with "wet T shirt contest", riding this '56 Harley Panhead I'd restored, a long ways from the Schwinns I started on back in the 70's... A '56 Panhead that had been nearly a chopper that I restored back to as original as it could be, good enough for a trucked invite to be in a Xmas show at the Harley Dealership that winter, after 5 years of restoration, in the living room, being single has certain advantages...

So when I pulled into the lot, I didn't want to park with all the "ugly" new bikes, so I gravitated to the back of the lot and parked to a bike a lot like mine, but with Shovel top end.

In the middle of the pig roast and wet T shirts and beer I notice this dude loitering by my bike, so I head to the parking lot.

Uncomfortable.

Dude has his tools out next to my bike, pretending to be checking some valves but he's removing his footboards is what he's doing, he wants to swap his Chaiwan repops for my 50's originals.

So I hang out, because reparking would have been an affront, and I really just needed to to just get the fk outa Dodge with my bike and my life, so as soon as he stopped playing with his bike I split.

The moral to this story is if you own/ride a neat old bike, don't leave it next another bike like it that could use better parts.

Last edited by McCycle; 11-02-22 at 02:25 PM.
Likes For McCycle: