View Single Post
Old 11-14-22, 06:57 PM
bampilot06

Bikes: Madone, Emonda, 5500, Ritchey Breakaway

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10254 Post(s)
Liked 5,216 Times in 2,237 Posts
brought the cervelo to the bike shop today. Since the new cranks, cassette and chain it’s shifting ability went to ****.
My mechanic instantly said the hanger was bent. I told him no way, but it ended up showing bent using the measuring tool. I don’t know how that happened, have not crashed that bike in a while and I find it strange it shifted fine before the new stuff.

I had him straighten it to the best of his ability, which was really close and then had him get the shifting back to the way it should.

45 mins later, it still won’t shift on the 7th cog or the number 1 cog. I told him not to worry about it, that was wayyyyyy better than what it had been doing and I’ll just order another hanger. He’s a perfectionist so he kept working it. Took the derailer apart and cleaned and lubed, worked the action, fined tuned it again for the 10th time. Still it would get caught on those 2 cogs.

He takes the wheel off and the hanger moves. He looks at me in surprise, and I tell him it’s always done that. I figured it was a cervelo thing. Apparently it’s not supposed to move. Ooops. He tightened back down, and put the wheel on but the hanger still wanted to move, like rotate rear ward.

Long story short, it’s shifting at almost 100 percent now, not perfect but almost. He recommends I buy a new hanger and assembly. I feel like a moron but it has literally always done that since I bought the bike new.