Old 11-15-22, 09:41 PM
Drillium Dude 
Banned.

Mentioned: 255 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2588 Post(s)
Liked 4,827 Times in 1,709 Posts
Originally Posted by gaucho777
Jeff, first, I want to say I'm glad you weren't seriously injured. I haven't been on the forum much in recent weeks and didn't see the original note about the collision when it happened. Glad to hear the insurance is moving forward. Shame about the damage--that saddle has been through a lot, and I'm saddened to see your drillium masterpieces got scraped up--but happy to see the damage to the Davidson doesn't appear catastrophic. Hopefully it checks out okay after closer inspection. The wheels are stunning. Now you need a Wheaties jersey!
Thanks! Oh, yeah, I got pretty lucky. But the gouges to my ankle have fully healed, and that was the worst of my 'injuries'. Nothing lasting, and nothing developing over time, so that's good, too. Insurance so far has paid for parts, shipping, and labor - and still I haven't hit the 'spending cap'. Also, this evening I did a string test, utilizing fishing line, to try to be as accurate as possible. Both measurements at the seat tube were the same within a single millimeter. Pretty sure the spending is done, but the more I think about it, the more I'd like to get it on a jig to be sure.

The RD cleaned up well, and it's difficult to see it had hit the ground. The brifter will take a bit more effort, but knowing the internals survived intact means it will now be a labor of love.

Having gone away from sponsor stuff for the most part in recent years, I instead have both orange and blue solid jerseys which match the blue and orange of the bike almost perfectly

DD