Old 11-16-22, 11:02 AM
braveulysses

Bikes: 2018 Jamis Renegade Escapade and 2017 Focus Cayo SRAM Red

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by marciemare
As rain/mud season is approaching (again), I'm considering fenders for my 2019 Renegade Expat. I am intrigued by the SKS clip-on options, but am not sure if the design would work with the way the front derailleur cable is set up on the bike, with a pulley behind the seat tube. According to the SKS website, the rear fender clips on at the same point--there looks to be a gap, but I'm not sure if it's wide enough not to interfere with shifting. I also have 650b tires (size 48 frame) and am not finding a ton of 650b-friendly fender options!

I have changed from the stock tires to 38mm GravelKing slicks, so it looks like the SKS Velo 47 Trekking fenders should fit these as well as the stock tires if I decide to put those back on.

Here is a photo of the fender attachment:

What do you all think? Does anyone have these fenders on their Renegade?
i have a set of portland design works 700c x 55mm fenders on my renegade and they work well but they're just a tiny bit too wide for the front fork and will have a little bit of contact with the fork. i could probably trim them or bend them slightly at the contact area but i just let it rub and dont really worry about it.

since my 700c wheels are too large in diameter i use 650b wheels for the winter and i have tons of clearance, but i'm also on a 61 frame