Old 11-19-22, 11:48 AM
rekmeyata

Bikes: 2020 Masi Giramondo 700c; 2013 Lynskey Peloton; 1992 Giant Rincon; 1989 Dawes needs parts; 1985 Trek 660; 1985 Fuji Club; 1984 Schwinn Voyager; 1984 Miyata 612; 1977 Raleigh Competition GS

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1126 Post(s)
Liked 253 Times in 204 Posts
According to police investigation, she was riding her bike in a bike lane, the flatbed trucker for some reason did not see her, either he passed her, or she was attempting to pass him, as the doctor was attempting to do, and somehow he did not see her. She was probably in the legal sense of the law correct for doing what she did, but just like that doctor accident, she was too inexperienced for city traffic to deal with what was happening to prevent that sort of thing from happening. So from what I've read, and that's all I can go by, it will probably be the truckers fault, this is far less complicated than the doctor accident where I think the trucker was only 25% at fault, in this case it appears he will be 100% at fault.

This was a tragic accident, trucks and buses have large blind spots, especially down close to the ground like a bike is. Motorists and cyclists need to watch out for each other. I seriously doubt the trucker had killing on his mind, therefore this is an accident which doubtfully he'll will see any jail time, they don't send people to jail for honest accidents. It's going to be really bad on the trucker's mind and emotional state for the rest of his life, some of you will think, so what? that's nothing for what he did; fine, but imagine how full our jails would be for true accidental deaths, in fact there could be someone lurking on this forum that may have killed or seriously injured someone in an at fault accident, I think they would tell you what kind of emotional battle is ahead for that trucker, and they will tell you jail time is not the answer. Now if it's found later in the court hearing that the trucker had been doing narcotics or drinking, ok, put him jail for life, I have no problem with that.