View Single Post
Old 11-19-22, 05:13 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4355 Post(s)
Liked 3,994 Times in 2,665 Posts
Originally Posted by Lombard
Breaker points were pretty much obsolete by the late 1970's. Besides nostalgia, there is no reason to own a car of that era. I'll admit I like to bash unnecessary technology like touch screens. But in the grand scheme of things, cars are way more reliable now than anything built pre-1990.
Not to get into a car debate but all the technology in cars some of which quite nice makes it hard to work on and gets into more proprietary territory which doesn't always increase reliability. There is that 1968 single owner Volvo that has around 4 million miles on it and I think the driver died before the car sadly. I think he rebuilt the engine twice, some paint jobs and normal maintenance but not much else. I am sure there are other great examples but that is one that always stuck out.