View Single Post
Old 11-22-22, 02:12 PM
drlogik 

Bikes: '87-ish Pinarello Montello; '89 Nishiki Ariel; '85 Raleigh Wyoming, '16 Wabi Special, '16 Wabi Classic, '14 Kona Cinder Cone, 2023 Surly Disk Trucker

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 708 Post(s)
Liked 415 Times in 260 Posts
Many years ago, as I was walking out of Home Depot, I saw an "older" gentleman getting out of his old Ford Ranger pickup with a bunch of stickers on it. He was wearing an old beat up T-shirt and paint-stained khaki pants. As I got closer I recognized the man. He was the newly (at the time) "Ex-CEO" of Bank of America, worth 10's of millions of dollars. Yes, it was him, and I went up and said hello.

The moral of the story? A shiny BMW, a fancy Ducati motorcycle, fancy designer clothes or an expensive bicycle are not always indicative of wealth. Sometimes it's an old Ford Ranger, a beat up T-shirt and painter's pants that represents wealth. In other words, don't take the fancy glitter for a wealthy person. I've known many people of the years, with all of the fancy trappings, and were in-debt and leveraged up to their eyeballs and living paycheck to paycheck.
Likes For drlogik: