Old 11-25-22, 09:49 AM
Kevinti

Bikes: Time VXS Translink, State Bicycle Black Label V2 Single, Electra Beach Cruiser, Santana Tandem

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 16 Posts
Originally Posted by pipeliner
Schwalbe Marathons are tough and wear like iron but the ride quality is pretty awful. Lots of vibration and any road gaps are punishing. If you can get by with a high quality road tire like GP5000, I would do so. Also, the biggest tire you can fit is a very good way to go. Carbon bars help a ton with damping road vibration as well.The alum fork/stem/bars combo makes for a ton of road buzz.

I'd also consider a bump buster type seatpost for the stoker too. They can't see what's coming and anything to take the sting off of impacts is important.
thanks for the tip on bars. I’ve got a few sets of those laying around from building my road bike so I might try a set out if the vibrations are a bother. My frame came with dual tamer seat posts so I’m going to start with those and see how they do. A concern of mine is finding a seat that my stoker will be happy with but that will be trial and error after I get the cabling all done. That is all that is left.