View Single Post
Old 11-25-22, 11:22 AM
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Ultegra; Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10425 Post(s)
Liked 11,899 Times in 6,094 Posts
Originally Posted by sjanzeir
So here's where we're at:

I picked up these NOS Sora 2x7 brifters ( cxwrench ) and I got them sorta (Sora... sorta...) working. I'm still trying to get the RH shift action to index properly with the Raleigh rear derailleur; as of now, it either won't shift out of the highest gear in a single click or won't shift into the lowest gear without being forced. I'm still fiddling with the limit screws and barrel adjuster, but I'm getting there.

New, Amazon's Choice-quality bar tape is on the way (it's that time of month where I have to become a cheapskate )
I would not expect the Sora shifter to index properly with the Raleigh derailleur. Indexed shifting depends on the shifter pulling exactly enough cable for each shift to move the derailleur exactly the right amount, so shifters and derailleurs have to be compatible. The Raleigh derailleur was deigned for friction shifting, and won't move the correct amount for each click of the shifter.

"Everybody's gotta be somewhere." - Eccles