Old 12-01-22, 09:38 AM
Robvolz 

Bikes: several Eddy Merz (ride like Eddy, braze like Jim!)

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1187 Post(s)
Liked 2,078 Times in 747 Posts
Originally Posted by gugie
A good chromer that does bicycle frames and parts well sometimes feels like a unicorn, for the reasons stated above. Every so often someone starts up a thread on where to find a good chromer for bicycle frames I .would love to see a thread where someone actually goes through the process of getting said frame chromed, with pictures before and after - and the shop is still in business, and the work was done in a reasonable amount of time. @jyl chromed a 650b conversion (with custom racks) that I did for him a few years back, and it over a year to get the job done. I think it was someone in Vancouver, WA?
I and others local have tried to do biz with the Vancouver folk, No website, although that just re-inforces the "mom/pop" aspect.

Never answers their phone. I get that too, hard to get work done when the damn phone keeps ringing.

No, what I didn't like are the horrible reviews about rude in person, missed parts and missed deadlines. I get it, perfection can not be rushed, but 6 and 8 month delays seemed unusual.

There is a place in Seattle that does some aerospace stuff. Perfection as you can imagine, but really really expensive.

Last edited by Robvolz; 12-01-22 at 11:24 AM.