View Single Post
Old 12-01-22, 12:48 PM
Leisesturm

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2504 Post(s)
Liked 745 Times in 526 Posts
Originally Posted by brixxton
in a few years you will be able to buy a "bike-go-pack" . It will sit under your front derailleur, if they aren't extinct, be smaller than a cigarette pack, contain a battery and motor with no serviceable parts, be backwards compatible with your 1980's Bianchi and so easy to install a monkey could do it. At this point the price for a classic roadbike will rival that of 3 cylinder Kawasaki smoker today.
A few months later Elon Musk will debut a lighter than air device running of solar and Apple will be in the middle of a huge recall of thier cranial implants. Advertised as raising your I.Q. by 20 - 30 points it has been exploding in the heads of *choose your minority here *
Meanwhile I'll be on my sailboat in the Azores with my sextant learning the language of the Sperm Whale.
A few years? You mean a few decades. Unfortunately, in only a couple decades, humanity will have other problems (outlined in other posts) that will make sheer survival the main priority of most humans still living (if you want to call it that). And, as long as I am in buzzkill mode, might I observe that, other than Orca, the toothed whales aren't considered especially communicative. The baleen whales (Humpback, Right, Blue ...) are likely what you were thinking of. You Romantics are going to be the first to go. Not judging, I am more of a Romantic than not. But at least I am not in denial about how this all shakes out ...

Last edited by Leisesturm; 12-01-22 at 01:13 PM.
Likes For Leisesturm: