Old 12-05-22, 02:56 PM
fender1

Bikes: I hate bikes!

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 432 Post(s)
Liked 731 Times in 236 Posts
Originally Posted by ascherer
I finally carved out enough time to finish the build on the Ted Williams Free Spirit frame I bought from @nlerner. There was some trial and error, especially with the drivetrain. Except for the new Tekro long reach brakes and VO levers everything is from my parts, the C&V Box o' Crap or other list members sales. It was too wet to do a shakedown ride today so I hope to do that tomorrow and on Monday I'll bring it back to Manhattan for my son.

The saddle and bars will come down for my son, I'm much taller.

The Microshift is a great derailleur. Neal, if you spread the frame, thanks for saving me the trouble. Dropouts needed a touch of aligning but otherwise it's perfect.

The wheelset included a dynamo hub and front/rear lights.

The lights are very similar to B&M, but with plastic bodies.

Tiagra front, and I've held this Maxy crankset for 10 years. I pulled it off a 24" wheeled Junior Raleigh Grand Prix that my old teacher included when he gave me his PX-10. It shifts ok but I'm a little concerned about how it will fare with the narrow 10-speed chain, the gaps are big and the chain was dropping between rings a bit. I think it looks great though, and the compact range is perfect.

Cockpit view.

Bringing up the rear.

I provided the revised BOC label redesign so I'm tickled to have a build that I can display it on!
The only thing "missing" is a large 52 tooth chainring with the teeth filed off for a chainguard!