View Single Post
Old 12-05-22, 08:09 PM
zukahn1 

Bikes: Current 79 Nishiki Custum Sport, Jeunet 620, notable previous bikes P.K. Ripper loop tail, Kawahara Laser Lite, Paramount Track full chrome, Raliegh Internatioanl, Motobecan Super Mirage. 59 Crown royak 3 speed

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 790 Post(s)
Liked 1,769 Times in 635 Posts
Originally Posted by wrk101
eBay dreamland asking prices should never be used as "selling prices". Highest ebay SOLD price in the last year was $270. Next highest was $177.

I use a 50% of ebay pricing for my local sales. So I would be at about. $140, after a complete refresh.

EBay obviously has a lot of fees, and in addition, sellers will get a 1099 (income tax form). So I feel I am about even on a local sale at half price.

To those that want to use ebay prices as a guideline for sales, I suggest you get access to Terrapeak, which will give you the last 12 months of ebay sales.

To me, either the 1983 with the biplane fork, or the ~ 1987 with the smoked chrome frame and roller cam brakes are the best High Sierras. In the end, its a Giant made Schwinn, nothing really special about them.

Like pretty much any of the decent MTBs from that time frame, the value of the parts far exceed the value of the entire bike.
+1 I would tend to agree other than the bars nothing real special . I would be more for $200-250 nicely cleaned up presented considering condition yet nowhere near the $500 mark for reference in my market it would be a $100 thrift store yard sale bike.
Likes For zukahn1: