View Single Post
Old 12-07-22, 05:49 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4350 Post(s)
Liked 3,989 Times in 2,663 Posts
Originally Posted by prairiepedaler
Haha... thanks for the encouragement. I'm up in Canada though. In the USA, people can import $800 duty free. For us, it's $20. But, usually the more practical threshold is around $70. They can't be bothered with the paperwork for 20. The exchange rate is the killer too.

I wanted to bag one of those old hybs for their larger tire capacity. I thought I'd try a change from a bike with 26" and see what a larger wheel with fat rubber feels like on our 3rd world roads.
Ahhh I see. There are definitely dealers in Canada for Soma/New Albion and if nothing else your local shop can probably get an account with Merry Sales Co. and get one ordered.

Also just FYI the 3rd world was countries not aligned with the U.S. and its allies or the Soviet Union and its allies during the Cold War which ended officially December 26th 1991.