Thread: Secrets of C&V
View Single Post
Old 12-08-22, 03:07 AM
merziac

Bikes: Merz x 5 + Specialized Merz Allez x 2, Strawberry/Newlands/DiNucci/Ti x3, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton x2, Bornstein, Paisley,1958-74 Paramounts x3, 3rensho, 74 Moto TC, 73-78 Raleigh Pro's x5, Marinoni x2, 1960 Cinelli SC, 1980 Bianchi SC, PX-10 X 2

Mentioned: 267 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4511 Post(s)
Liked 6,378 Times in 3,667 Posts
Originally Posted by RiddleOfSteel
My interior photos are crummy thanks to middling apartment lighting and an older iPhone (ok, most iPhones) that does substandard work in 90% of the lighting scenarios available, even with Photoshop doing its best to help out. At least I caveat that the photos are subpar. Don't want to spend $1000+ on a new seven-eyes/lens phone that's yuge, so it's mediocrity in perpetuity for me... My wrenching happens at night and not in the rain, so indoors it is.

As a meeting of vintage and modern, I bring to you a bike I never knew about: the Merz Edition Specialized Sequoia. @nlerner and @merziac have their worlds collide! There's one for sale in Portland at the moment. The color is actually really nice, and it's done about as nice as a welded steel frame can be. The fork actually blends into the tapered head tube. What an idea!

Wish it wasn't SRAM. Or 1x. That's just me being a 2x/3x Shimano/Campy/Sugino guy though...
This ones been for sale for awhile, not a bad deal IMO.

I looked at these when they were new, with an almost $4k ? price tag, I couldn't even remotely get there but of course now wish I had. They have Jim"s original HB which is cool af to me.

Our good Mr. Harris had his new DiNucci painted a very similar color which is brilliant whether on purpose or not.

Likes For merziac: