Old 12-12-22, 08:51 PM
Prunesquallor

Bikes: 1984 Miyata 710 resto-modded to 1x11 townie, 1987 Bianchi Brava resto-modded to 1x11 fitness/events

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 48 Times in 17 Posts
Originally Posted by daywood
As was thinking about paint schemes for this bike I was building up my wife, the idea of incorporating Disney Bounding somehow came into the mix as an interesting challenge. Disney Bounding, if you aren't familiar, is what it's called when people wear clothes to Disney theme parks that suggest the look of a Disney character without being a costume. So a yellow shirt with a handkerchief around the neck is Woody. Polka dot anything is Minnie. Lots of green could be Peter Pan or Tinkerbell, and so on. It's not something we do, but it's fun to watch for it when we're in the parks.

I started with an extra small '99 Raleigh M55 frame that I bought from a community bike shop through their eBay store. The build started out to include drops and a 3X8 drive train, but the test ride before painting proved the drops were not compatible with my wife's ongoing back issues. She also asked for a simpler drive train, so it became an upright bike with a wide riser bar and the MicroShift 1X10 ADVENT X system. The paint scheme includes the colors Minnie often sports: Yellow shoes, red dress with white polka dots, and, of course, her black ears.

I guess my bianchi would be Alladin’s Genie…
Likes For Prunesquallor: