View Single Post
Old 12-14-22, 10:04 AM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,098 Times in 5,054 Posts
Originally Posted by Iride01
Well there isn't any link or pic.

Even if I did know where you are talking about, I'm not going to say what I'd do on that particular road until I've been there, seen it and maybe even experienced it by riding it.

I've never said I ride every road that is out there. I have the luxury of picking where and when I ride. If I was in a area where I didn't have so many good choices of roads to ride then perhaps I might do differently. But it'd be foolish to speculate on such if I don't know the area.

Sorry, not sure what happened to the link:
https://www.google.com/maps/@42.8983...7i13312!8i6656

I ride this road precisely because of how good the shoulder is, and it's the shortest route to the seacoast from where I live in Nashua.

You can answer the question or not, but I was a bit surprised by your answer that you'd never. in essence, met a shoulder you liked, and wanted to get your thoughts on this particular road based on the visual.

BTW, it's been repaved since that pic, and those cracks were not difficult to ride over. I never had a problem with them in literally thousands of miles of fairly high-speed riding. They look worse in the photo than they did IRL.