Old 12-14-22, 09:45 PM
SpeedyBlueBiker

Bikes: 1999 Giant ATX MTB, 2002 Lemond Zurich, 2018 Fuji Transonic 2.3, 2019 Specialized Tarmac Disc Expert

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Liked 394 Times in 227 Posts
Originally Posted by easyupbug
We winter just outside Tucson and have friends who come down every winter for a week or more, same can be said for Phoenix and it's suburbs. Unless there is a cold front coming through like this week you will see 60s and Tucson has a lot of variety from the 130 mile cycling path loop around the city to cycling up the Mt Lemmon Hwy, an incredible ride and will rival some of the best climbs anywhere in the country. Starts off at about 2,557 ft surrounded by saguaros and mesquites and climbs as high as 8,198 ft to pines and snow.
Tucson, and especially the Oro Valley, get my vote. I spent a week down there in late April 2021 and it was great for cycling. I rode Mt. Lemmon as well until the thunder and lightning as well as the snowstorm got to be too much. Pulled the plug at 8,000ft and our friend picked us up and we drove down. Lots of bike trails in the area though so it should be pretty nice.
Likes For SpeedyBlueBiker: