Old 12-17-22, 08:59 AM
mrv 
buy my bikes

Bikes: my very own customized GUNNAR CrossHairs

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 519 Post(s)
Liked 428 Times in 249 Posts
Jan’s new Nivex is really interesting. I was geeked when he announced this project about 2 years ago (I think).
I picked up a Schwinn hybrid framset for cheap and bodged it for 650b wheels (relocated canti posts) and intended to add the derailleur boss.
i contacted Jan (or one of his minions) through Instagramme and got a price estimate a couple months ago — OUCH! Out of my price range.

seems like a lot of the initial comments were made with out having followed what Jan has been working on over the last 15 years. In particular with his relationship to the Herse family and his respect for French randeneuring and Japans passhunters. I hear he can be a bit of a wiener, but I still respect what he’s accomplished in the beautiful/useful niche part of cycling.

cheers!

ps - I did look into the Suntour version, but it’s indexed to 7 spd in the derailleur. I don’t think it offered a friction mode. My Schwinn is the lugged version of the previously pictured Schwinn. The one pictured is TIG welded, probably Chinese made. I suspect my lugged version is Taiwan made, with a typical hanger.

Last edited by mrv; 12-17-22 at 09:15 AM.
Likes For mrv: